Classes | How to Book
Nicholas is available for teaching in his professional painting studio in Block-T Smithfield, Dublin. The warm and secure studio has easy access to the Luas and has full facilities from which to learn. All materials, except paintbrushes and palette, will be provided in the cost of any tuition. Classes are taught in a minimum of 3 hours at a time and a minimum of 15 hours is required in any of the projects offered. Groups and one-on-one are available. Please contact to arrange times and rates.
- Copying of master paintings (copies selected from and reproduced by the National Gallery, Dublin) and master drawings (various reproductions are available); copying is an essential practice in every student of painting and drawing.
- Drawing from the cast in charcoal or painting from the cast in oil. An excellent method to understand the basics of rendering form without the addition of a full colour palette. A range of beautiful casts is available from which to work.
- Portraiture from the model drawing or painting in pencil, charcoal or oil.
- Studying the nude either drawing in charcoal or painting in oil. Working from the figure represents the most important challenge from which to learn drawing and painting and to develop an understanding of nature and the challenges it presents.
- Still-life painting in oil. Still-life can be an excellent introduction to using a range of colour in oils in representing the atmosphere, form and light of nature.
If you would like Nicholas to teach a workshop in your art centre or studio, please get in touch.